Stéphane Rennesson, Chercheur CNRS, Laboratoire d’ethnologie et de sociologie comparative (UMR 7186)
Fields of interest:
- Anthropology of Southeast Asia, mostly Thai studies
- Environmental issues, natural resources management, notably water, in Buddhist context
- Recent developments of the mythic and ritual complex around the figure of Nagas in Northeastern Thailand
- Anthropology of nature and anthropology of communication: relations between human and non-human such as other animals, plants, spirits, machines, etc.
- Thai boxing as one of the main cultural industry in Thailand and sport industry in the world